0. Solver selection
The materialpoint model of DAMASK can be used together with different software packages for the solution of boundary and initial value problems. The most suitable solver for the problem at hand can be selected based on the following comparison:
- included in DAMASK
- spectral method (based on Fast Fourier Transforms, FFT) or Finite Element Method (FEM)
- periodic volume elements with periodic boundary conditions
- geometry is defined on a regular grid
- interface to MSC.Marc (commercial)
- Finite Element Method (FEM)
- arbitrary boundary conditions
- arbitrary geometry
The procedure for generating the geometry and setting boundary and initial conditions depends on the selected solver:
The materialpoint model of DAMASK is configured with two text files in YAML style
material.yamlhas to be present in the model directory. You have to edit it according to your needs, see Material configuration file for details.
numerics.yamlis optional and allows to change the numerical parameters used by DAMASK from their standard values. You need to include only those values that should be changed, for details see Numerics configuration file.