This manual is for the Linux64 version of MSC.Marc/Mentat 2018 and newer. See Marc and Mentat Release Guide for the »List of Build and Supported Platforms«. For running a simulation after the installation, please refer to the MSC.Marc/Mentat usage page.
- operational MSC.Marc/Mentat
(confirmed with test example including subroutine compilation with Intel Fortran compiler)
- Intel Fortran compiler compatible with your MSC.Marc/Mentat version
- DAMASK/CONFIG reflecting your system settings (i.e. your MSC.Marc version)
- system variables set
Execute the script to modify your MSC.Marc/Mentat installation:
This makes the following modifications (original versions of MSC.Marc/Mentat scripts are included in DAMASK for reference):
- The script MSCpathinfo/mentat20xx/bin/edit_window is altered to use a text editor according to your interactive input (default vi).
- The file MSCpathinfo/mentat20xx/menus/job_run.ms is modified and compiled into MSCpathinfo/mentat201x/menus/linux64/main.msb to
- add a DAMASK menu to Jobs > Run from where you can start DAMASK using different optimization levels (0, 1, 2).
- Scripts called submit4 to submit6 are added to MSCpathinfo/mentat20xx/bin, which call the respective MSCpathinfo/marc20xx/tools/run_damask* scripts.
- Scripts called kill4 to kill6 are added to MSCpathinfo/mentat20xx/bin, which kill the respective jobs.
- All MSCpathinfo/marc201x/tools/run_damask* scripts can treat *.f90 source files (compatible with free-format DAMASK) and link against the BLAS library (as specified in pathinfo)
- Naming convention for run_damask* and compile_damask*:
- “l”(ow) is for O0 optimization
- “h”(igh) for O2 optimization
- otherwise O1 optimization is used.
- Fortran compiler calls, modified according to the needs of DAMASK, are added in MSCpathinfo/marc20xx/tools/include_linux64.
- As for the regular Marc installation, you can optionally add symbolic links to the run_damask* scripts in usr/local/bin.